A few original features remain which reveal the early days of this building as a cinema apart from it's domed ceiling & fantastic acoustics. The Castle Picture Theater opened on or just after 20th November 1913 and closed in 1921 and only ever screened silent movies. (1x Screen, 700 seats)
A plaque commemorating the first public broadcast in Wales on 13 February 1923, from the radio station 5WA, an indirect ancestor of BBC Radio Wales. It broadcast from a tiny studio at the former Castle Picture Theatre. Since it's closure the building has been used for many purposes including a garage in 1930, a camping shop in the 80's, a warehouse (+more we don't know about...) later on it was briefly CFQ (Cardiff Fashion Quarter)
Now it's proudly The Castle Emporium housing professional independent businesses since 2015!